The Ultimate Guitar Guide Series: Mastery of the Blues
Rapidly Uncover The Hottest Licks, Riffs and Rhythms From The Blues Greats
Click Below To Add The eBook To Your Cart
Learn More About The Ebook Below
This is Erich Andreas with YourGuitarSage and I just wanted to let you know a few things about the blues eBook. As you may already know, I’ve been a guitar teacher for over 25 years, have taught 100s of students and 1000s of lessons in one-on-one and class environments, as well as do live and studio guitar work. Here on the internet, I’ve made 100s of guitar “how to” videos and have taught millions of people all over the world for several years now.
I work with many artists and writers across the U.S. and I’m often times needing to cover a lot of material in a short amount of time. I remember what it was like taking guitar lessons from different teachers and TRYING to learn from books.
I remember the frustrations of wanting to learn faster, but did not have the resources or instructors that really cared about the teaching process or getting those ideas across. Because of all those experiences I made it my goal to teach in a whole new way (a way that is fun, exciting and moves along at a pace that is just right!). So, I have assembled the most important lessons that you can learn on the guitar. I have formulated these concepts/lessons into streamlined documents (accompanied by my many videos specifically designed to support the E-books). These resources will ROCKET your productivity and fun on the guitar!!!
The blues eBook is a culmination of many of those years of finding out what I needed first and in what order when it came to blues guitar. I found out that there were things that were being taught to me, that were wasting my time, while there was a ton of information NOT being shared with me. Because of that, I wanted to present a concise, no-nonsense electronic book that would allow beginner to advanced blues players to ramp their playing up VERY quickly, with a focused set of goals in sight. There is only so much time in the day, and my thought is: make your practicing count!! Focus on what you do need and cut out what you don’t! Once you have mastered these blues essentials, THEN you can move on to other areas of focus on the guitar.
My philosophy with my students is: “If it’s not fun or rewarding, we are doing something wrong.” Music is MEANT to be fun, especially guitar. You’ll never see blues players with big scowls on their faces. Why? Because they are having a blast!! And you should be too. Sure, there is dedication and practice, but I can show you how that too can be rewarding and fun. Also, be sure to check out my guitar lessons here if you are looking for video guitar lessons instead of the EBook format.
So what is the blues eBook all about?
This blues-manual is an electronic book that you can easily download and start learning from immediately. The only thing you need is a PDF reader like “Adobe Reader” which you most likely have installed on your computer already.
So exactly what does the Blues Ebook include?
- Introduction to blues
- A study of the blues scale and blues note (the note that spices up the pentatonic scale creating an entire new world of licks, riffs and tricks to bring new life to your playing.)
- Included are minor blues scale form and major blues scale form diagrams all across the fret board. You will be shown the secrets that will allow you to play one set of scale forms in any key all over the guitar fret board. (These forms are ideal for soloing/noodling over major and minor blues/rock songs.
- Understanding the 12 bar blues chord progression, how to identify it, and how to play it in any key.
- Understand the philosophy of phrasing. Whether you are chord noodling or soloing over a chord progression, the true understanding of this concept is what separates those players that play with true feeling and inspiration and those that just “play” guitar.
- Blues lick primers – I have included several pages of blues guitar licks in this interactive section of the book. These powerful blues guitar licks will be in both tab and standard musical notation with rhythms. You can even click on the actual guitar lick to hear what it should sound like. These guitar licks range from beginner to advanced.
- Boogie-woogie riffs – this is a textual description followed by eight pages of interactive boogie-woogie riffs in several different keys. I also guide you on how to play these and in what order, allowing you to bring your blues rhythm playing from beginner to advanced levels. You will be shown how to play advanced 12 bar blues, boogie-woogie riffs in any key!
- Boogie-woogie turnarounds – this is a textual description followed by eight pages of interactive boogie-woogie turnarounds in several different keys. I also guide you on how to play these and in what order allowing you to bring your blues rhythm playing from beginner to advanced levels. You will be shown how to play advanced 12 bar blues, boogie-woogie turnarounds in any key!
- Included are minor pentatonic scale form and major pentatonic scale form diagrams all across the fret board. This will allow you to play one set of scale forms in any key all over the guitar fret board. (These forms are ideal for soloing/noodling over pop/rock/country/Americana songs).
- Building seventh chords – this four page tutorial is chock-full of information that will triple your major/minor chord vocabulary (bar and open chords).
- Diatonic harmony and definitions – many of the principles discussed in the blues e-book are built upon basic diatonic harmony which I cover more in e-books one and two. Since this information is so crucial for understanding guitar theory in any genre, I have included it in this e-book as well.
- Springboards – this is another study from e-book two that I felt was crucial for blues lead guitar. It will show you several secrets that have been uncovered allowing you to quickly master your fret board knowing almost instantaneously the name of the note that you are playing.
- Tablature – understanding/reading/writing it. This five page section is a comprehensive guide for understanding guitar notation written in tablature.
- This mammoth manual has over 60 pages of interactive sound, video, links and descriptions to advance you in your blues playing in the quickest way possible!!!
Here is an example of Erich’s blues playing.